Data Privacy Information for using the IPDET CoSMOS via Discord.com
What we want to tell you about the purposes, legal bases, storage periods and your rights that we pursue with the IPDET CoSMOS:
- The IPDET CoSMOS is an online server, providing text-, voice- and video-chats, created on Discord. IPDET will use this server for Community related activities, to offer free space for the IPDET Community and to share live information within the IPDET On-Site program.
- To use the IPDET CoSMOS you need to create an account via Discord. This requires a name (does not need to be your real name) and an email address (should not be your work email address). This account and data are only with Discord, IPDET does not have access to this data.
- We do not recommend sharing sensitive information such as phone numbers, addresses, or work-related confidential information. Shared documents and messages stay readable and searchable unless the author or an IPDET admin deletes the content. In the case that text entries, participation results (e.g. from surveys) as well as video or audio recordings are logged, this will be transparently communicated to the participants in advance and they will be asked – if necessary – for their consent.
- Please note the details of the processing of your data by Discord in their data protection notices. That’s why we recommend that you should check and adjust the privacy setting in your Discord account.
- IPDET processes the following general data from the offerings on the IPDET CoSMOS for marketing, evaluation, and advertising purposes: number of participants, gender distribution, Quotations upon request and only after you have given us your consent to do so.
- Usage-rules: With using the IPDET CoSMOS you agree to behave appropriately and decently. Any form of discrimination is a violation of personal integrity, the dignity of individuals and fundamental rights. Contrary behavior will not be tolerated, corresponding statements will be deleted and we reserve the right to ban the author from the CoSMOS depending on the content or if such behavior is repeated.
- If you have further questions, like how we do process which of your personal data for which purpose and which rights you do have, please look here.
In all cases where the processing of your data is based on a consent, you have the right at any time to revoke your consent with effect for the future. You can informally send your revocation to the addresses or e-mail addresses listed above.
You have the following rights in connection with the processing of your personal data by us:
Right to information, correction, deletion, restriction of processing, right to object to processing and the right to data transfer, right to appeal to a supervisory authority