In order to be eligible for a scholarship, the applicant
- comes from and works/lives in a priority country* of the sponsoring donors and
- works as employee of a governmental or non-for-profit organization oriented towards development OR
- is a representative of a national Evaluation Association OR
- is a member of the national parliament.
* Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Benin, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, DR Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, El Salvador, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritiana, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen & Zambia.
An applicant will be considered on a prioritized base if he/she is
- conducting, managing, commissioning and/or using evaluations;
- holding a position of influence that is likely to foster wider adoption of M&E practices;
- working in an organization with a long-term plan to build evaluation capacity, where the IPDET training is an integral part of a more comprehensive plan;
- affected by COVID-19 in a way that participating in the IPDET workshop would benefit his/her evaluation work.
The following persons are not eligible for an IPDET scholarship:
- Employees of UN agencies, development banks or other financial institutions.
- Employees of bi- and multilateral (development) organizations/agencies.
- Employees of private sector companies.
- Private consultants.
Some professionals in these categories may have won scholarships through other channels.