IPDET scholarships target actors with potential catalytic effect within developing countries, including government officials, parliamentarians, evaluation practitioners, managers, young evaluation professionals, members of Voluntary Organizations for Professional Evaluation (VOPEs), and students. Through this targeting, the scholarships enable individuals, who would not otherwise have the means, to access the IPDET program.
In order to be eligible for a scholarship, the applicant
- must be a national and resident of a low income, lower middle income or upper middle income country (see the country lists below*)
- has no other funding available to finance the tuition fees
An applicant will be considered on a prioritized base if he/she is
- conducting, managing, commissioning and/or using evaluations;
- holding a position of influence that is likely to foster wider adoption of M&E practices;
- working in an organization with a long-term plan to build evaluation capacity, where the IPDET training is an integral part of a more comprehensive plan;
- generating impact within the M&E sector of the developing country where he/she is based after participating in a course;
- affected by COVID-19 in a way that participating in the IPDET workshop would benefit his/her evaluation work.
- The Scholarship Selection Committee reviews all applications in a fair and equitable manner and makes selection recommendations.
- Scholarship recipients are responsible for ensuring that they provide all required information within the stipulated timeframe and that all information is correct and accurate, to the best of their knowledge. Scholarship recipients are also responsible for sharing post-course information (i.e., sharing a qualitative letter and filling out a quantitative survey).
*As reference we use the World Bank Country and Lending Groups list.
|Burkina Faso||Korea, Dem. People’s Rep.||South Sudan|
|Central African Republic||Madagascar||Syrian Arab Republic|
|Congo, Dem. Rep||Mali||Uganda|
LOWER-MIDDLE INCOME ECONOMIES
|Bangladesh||Indonesia||São Tomé and Principe|
|Belize||Iran, Islamic Rep||Senegal|
|Cabo Verde||Lao PDR||Tajikistan|
|Comoros||Micronesia, Fed. Sts.||Ukraine|
|Egypt, Arab Rep.||Nepal||West Bank and Gaza|
|Haiti||Papua New Guinea|
|American Samoa||Georgia||North Macedonia|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Jamaica||Russian Federation|
|China||Lebanon||St. Vincent and the Grenadines|