On-Site Community Activity
On Wednesday, July 19 at 2:00 p.m. CEST a Panel Discussion took place at the IPDET On-Site to celebrate 40 years OECD DAC Network on Development Evaluation!
Topic: “Development Evaluation between partner orientation and domestic accountability”
Watch the recording:
IPDET organized jointly with DAC EvalNet’s current chair, Prof. Jörg Faust (Director of the German Institute for Development Evaluation, DEval) a panel discussion on the importance of evaluation criteria and standards for evaluation practices in countries of the Global South. The panel discussed the role of norms, standards and criteria in development evaluation as well as potential avenues of strengthening partner orientation.
- Jörg Faust (Director of the German Institute for Development Evaluation)
- Jos Vaessen (Advisor of the Independent Evaluation Group of the WBG and Deputy Head of Global Evaluation Initiative)
- Silvia Salinas Mulder (Senior strategy advisor, and evaluator in the social development sector)
- Aji Sainabou Jallow (Directorate of Development Planning, Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs, The Gambia).
“Lastly, the training provided me an incredible networking opportunity to meet with professionals from diverse sectors, including multilateral agencies, government, and private organizations. The exchanges helped in learning from their #experiences and providing fresh perspectives on evaluation initiatives across the world.”– Aishwarya Ravikumar | Development Monitoring and Evaluation Office, NITI Aayog | India | IPDET 2023
To acknowledge and make use of the heterogeneity of the IPDET On-Site participants, we once again organized the IPDET World Exhibition. Numerous cultural and country related items were brought from home, viewed and exchanged among each other. This parallel activity had a focus on the cultural side of IPDET and the diversity of participants origin. It contributes to further exchange, which supports understanding and learning about other cultures.
Online Community Activity
In addition to the comprehensive community activites during the on-site program, our annual program is supplemented by online activities.
The Kick-Off Event presented the upcoming IPDET On-Site and Online program. It mainly focused on “ask me anything” to answer questions regarding the program and the scholarships. Furthermore the IPDET Global Outreach plans for 2023 had been introduced.
Watch the recording of the Kick-Off Event:
- took a look back on what happened at the IPDET On-Site
- get insights from Tabitha Olang about her participation in the IPDET 2023 On-Site workshops on “green evaluation” and what she implanted from her learnings so far
- first overview of the IPDET plans for 2024!