IPDET offers competitive scholarships for the on-site program (Core Course in the first week and 2 workshops in the second week) to eligible applicants. The scholarships are made available through the generous support of GEI funding partners.
The Core Course in Week 1 and 2 Workshops in Week 2
IPDET scholarships target actors with potential catalytic effect within developing countries, including government officials, parliamentarians, evaluation practitioners, managers, young evaluation professionals, members of Voluntary Organizations for Professional Evaluation (VOPEs), and students. Through this targeting, the scholarships enable individuals who would not otherwise have the means to access the IPDET program.
Engaging introduction to the fundamentals of evaluation (Core Course) in the first week and a variety of evaluation topics to choose from (either to deepen content from the core course or to gain new knowledge on specialized topics) in the second week.
what is covered?
- Course material
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and coffee breaks during course days at the Lobby, UniS (no meals provided over the weekend)
- Wednesday afternoon voluntary sessions during the workshop-weeks
- Evening events (reception, get-together, graduation nights)
- Excursion to the Alps on Sunday (in between the first and second week of the course)
- Off-campus accommodation in a student lodge*
- Single bed in a single room
- shared bathroom with neighbor room (in some cases shared bathroom on the floor)
- in 15 min. distance to venue by public transport
- check-in on Sundays (afternoon), check-out on Saturdays (morning)
- Health insurance for emergency medical care for the duration of the program (note: this is not a travel insurance)
- Public transport ticket for the Bern city area
*Please read carefully the description in the Accommodation section, to check if the conditions in the student houses are suitable for you!
IPDET does not finance any air/ground travel costs. Applicants and sending organizations are required to cover these and any other attendance expenses beyond those listed above.
The IPDET 2023 On-Site scholarship application opens on February 15!
“I am grateful for the generous full scholarship provided by IPDET and the World Bank, Independent Evaluation Group, through which I had the opportunity to join 138 other professionals from 58 countries for this premium, globally reputable course in monitoring and evaluation.”
– Roberta Blankson | Senior Program Officer at ICED | Ghana | IPDET 2022