IPDET offers competitive scholarships for the online workshops to eligible applicants. The scholarships are made available through the generous support of GEI funding partners.
Start of scholarship application in February 2022.
Deadlines will be published.
The Core Course in Week 1 and 2 Workshops in Week 2
IPDET scholarships target actors with potential catalytic effect within developing countries, including government officials, parliamentarians, evaluation practitioners, managers, young evaluation professionals, members of Voluntary Organizations for Professional Evaluation (VOPEs), and students. Through this targeting, the scholarships enable individuals, who would not otherwise have the means, to access the IPDET program.
Engaging introduction to the fundamentals of evaluation and specialization in the technical workshops
what is covered?
- Course material
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and coffee breaks during course days at the University Cafeteria
- Wednesday afternoon voluntary sessions during the workshop-weeks
- Evening events (reception, get-together, graduation nights)
- Excursion to the Alps on Sunday (in between the course weeks)
- Off campus accommodation in a student lodge*
- Single bed in a single room
- shared bathroom with neighbour room (in some cases shared bathroom on the floor)
- in 15 min distance to event location by public transport
- check in on Sundays (afternoon), departure on Saturdays (morning)
- Health insurance for emergency medical care for the duration of the program (note: this is not a travel insurance)
- Public transport ticket for the Bern city area
*Please carefully study the description in the Accommodation section, if the conditions in the student houses are suitable for you!
- IPDET does not finance any travel cost. Applicants and sending organizations are required to mobilize funds for the travel expenses and any costs of attendance beyond those itemized.
- We urge only applicants in real need for financial support to apply for a scholarship since the demand outnumbers the funds available.
“Attending a course with more than 200 participants from more than 80 nationalities shows diversity, inclusion, and representation across the globe. Participation in IPDET gave me opportunities to grow my professional network, and I had a chance to interact and exchange ideas, discuss contemporary topics in evaluation with this huge cohort with ton of expertise in the field.”
– Aman Ali Syed | Co-Founder Pakistan Evaluation Association (PEA) | Pakistan | IPDET 2019