IPDET offers competitive scholarships for the On-Site program (Core Course in the first week and 2 workshops in the second week) to eligible applicants. The scholarships are made available through the generous support of GEI funding partners.
On-Site Scholarships focus on covering the Fundamentals of Evaluation (this is, the Core Course AND two Workshops in Week 2). Therefore, they are aimed at beginners and those professionals who want to refresh their knowledge!
Please be aware, that you cannot apply for an online and on-site scholarship at the same time! Choose beforehand, for which scholarship you want to apply.
The Core Course in Week 1 and 2 Workshops in Week 2
IPDET scholarships target actors with potential catalytic effect within developing countries, including government officials, parliamentarians, evaluation practitioners, managers, young evaluation professionals, members of Voluntary Organizations for Professional Evaluation (VOPEs), students and (development) activists. We encourage individuals to apply for a scholarships who would not otherwise have the means to access the IPDET program!
Engaging introduction to the fundamentals of evaluation (Core Course) in the first week and a variety of evaluation topics to choose from (either to deepen content from the Core Course or to gain new knowledge on specialized topics) in the second week.
what is covered?
- Tuition fees
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and coffee breaks during course days at the University Cafeterias (no meals are provided over the weekend)
- Wednesday afternoon of the second week voluntary sessions
- Evening events (reception, get-together, graduation nights)
- Excursion to the Alps on Sunday (in between the first and second week of the program)
- Off-campus accommodation in a student lodge*
- Single bed in a single room
- shared bathroom with neighbor room (in some cases shared bathroom on the floor)
- in 15 min. distance to venue by public transport
- check-in on Sunday 9th, check-out on Saturday 22nd
- Health insurance for emergency medical care for the duration of the program (note: this is not a travel insurance)
- Public transport ticket for the Bern city area (valid from July 9-22)
*Please read carefully the description in the Accommodation section, to check if the conditions in the student houses are suitable for you!
IPDET does not finance any air/ground travel costs. Applicants and sending organizations are required to cover these and any other attendance expenses beyond those above listed .
The IPDET 2023 On-Site scholarship application opens on February 15 and closes on April 3 at 12:00 p.m. CEST!
“I am grateful for the generous full scholarship provided by IPDET and the World Bank, Independent Evaluation Group, through which I had the opportunity to join 138 other professionals from 58 countries for this premium, globally reputable course in monitoring and evaluation.”– Roberta Blankson | Senior Program Officer at ICED | Ghana | IPDET 2022