The IPDET 2023 On-Site program took place from July 10 to 21 at the University of Bern!
171 participants from 63 countries joined at the University of Bern for an intensive time of learning, exchanging, and networking in the Core Course on the fundamentals of evaluation, and/ or in 11 workshops on cutting-edge evaluation topics as well as in the various side events.
On July 10 from 9:00 to 10:30 a.m. CEST the IPDET On-Site had been launched by the Mayor of Bern, the Rector of the University of Bern, and Dugan Fraser, Program Manager of the Global Evaluation Initiative, followed by introducing the participants, the program, and the Core Course on fundamentals of evaluation.
Watch the recording:
Panel Discussion recording
On Wednesday, July 19 at 2:00 p.m. CEST a Panel Discussion took place at the IPDET On-Site to celebrate 40 years OECD DAC Network on Development Evaluation!
Topic: “Development Evaluation between partner orientation and domestic accountability”
Watch the recording:
IPDET organized jointly with DAC EvalNet’s current chair, Prof. Jörg Faust (Director of the German Institute for Development Evaluation, DEval) a panel discussion on the importance of evaluation criteria and standards for evaluation practices in countries of the Global South. The panel discussed the role of norms, standards and criteria in development evaluation as well as potential avenues of strengthening partner orientation.
- Jörg Faust (Director of the German Institute for Development Evaluation)
- Jos Vaessen (Advisor of the Independent Evaluation Group of the WBG and Deputy Head of Global Evaluation Initiative)
- Silvia Salinas Mulder (Senior strategy advisor, and evaluator in the social development sector)
- Aji Sainabou Jallow (Directorate of Development Planning, Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs, The Gambia).
Interviews with IPDET participants and instructors
Application for the IPDET On-Site program is closed!
IPDET encompasses all aspects of evaluation addressing both, the needs of professionals with no or only few prior knowledge and experience in evaluation, as well as the needs of experienced evaluators, commissioners, managers and policy makers in the field of evaluation.IPDET is targeted at individuals from NGOs, Ministries and Public Administration Institutions, bi- and multilateral development partners, Think Tanks, Universities, private firms, as well as parliamentarians who are eager to drive development in projects, programs and policies on local, national and international level. Although the context of IPDET is development evaluation, it is not limited to that perspective. It rather entails the whole range of work that participants perform in their countries in different organizations and positions to drive the overall development of a country. The program runs for overall three weeks, which participants can attend entirely or in parts:
- Core Course: The first week is perfect for individuals with no or only little prior knowledge and experience in evaluation who want to get a comprehensive overview of what is evaluation and on how to do it.
- Workshops: The following week provides a series of in-depth workshops. Those who just started their first steps in the evaluation field can solidify and deepen their foundations, and more experienced ones find a wide variety of specialized topics to accommodate their specific interest.
“I had the opportunity to deepen my knowledge, skills and competencies in key areas in Monitoring and Evaluation to enhance my work. It was a privilege to learn, share and explore with such an amazing, diverse group of professionals.”– Roberta Blankson | Senior Program Officer at ICED | Ghana | IPDET 2022