To join the IPDET On-Site program, you can choose to stay in the student house on campus arranged by IPDET (Full Board Option) or arrange your own accommodation (Tuition-Only Option). Please read the below information before indicating your choice in the application form.
Full Board participants and scholarship recipients will be provided accommodation in student lodgings at the University of Bern. It’s important to be aware that these accommodations are NOT hotels.
The student houses are called “Bümpliz-Nord” and “Tscharnergut”, approximately 15-minute distance by public transport to the IPDET site.
- Rooms: Single room, equipped with a single bed, desk, storage space, bed linen and towels.
- Bathroom: Shared bathroom for 2-3 persons, located separately from the room.
- Amenities: A communal kitchen is available on each floor.
- Services: Weekly cleaning service, including changing towels.
- Conditions: The student houses are comfortable and clean but do not provide luxury, and there is no air-conditioning. It’s important to note that residing in a student house may not be suitable for everyone due to certain cultural, religious, or personal restrictions. If you have any uncertainties, please get in touch with the IPDET office before selecting the full-board option.
- Bringing spouses and children is impossible, as the student’s houses do not provide suitable facilities for families.
- For security reasons, changing rooms without informing the office is prohibited.
- Bookings: The IPDET office handles the booking when you choose the full board option. You will receive the necessary information.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in: Sundays between 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., i.e. July 14 or 21
- Check-out: Saturdays until 10:00 a.m., i.e. July 20 or 27
- Note: IPDET only covers accommodation from Sunday before the start of the booked program to Saturday morning after the end of the booked program.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided each day of the scheduled program (Mon-Fri) at the University Cafeteria providing vegetarian and meat/fish options. Please note that it is not possible for IPDET to offer suitable meal alternatives for all dietary requirements (e.g., we cannot provide vegan or Halal food). Please note before applying, if you are on a specific diet or have particular allergies (e.g., coeliac disease), the full board product might not suit your needs!
- No food is provided on weekends.
Each participant receives a public transportation ticket upon on-site registration! This Ticket is called “Libero-Ticket” and valid within the program time. It allows the utilization of any public transport in the city of Bern.