Each applicant is considered on a case-by-case basis according to the defined scholarship criteria. Compliance with all criteria does not guarantee a scholarship. Attention will be paid to the applicant’s ability to improve evaluation practice and their ability to disseminate lessons learned at IPDET.
Appropriate gender, country and organizational balance will be ensured among scholarship recipients.
The Selection Committee consists of the Head of Program, one member of the IPDET Steering Group, and one IEG representative.
Scholarship applicants will be notified via email on April 19 if they have been awarded a scholarship, or placed on a waiting list. Please check your SPAM/Junk folder.
Scholarship recipients will be asked to sign a Scholarship Award Commitment Letter (which should also be signed and stamped by the recipient’s employer) and send it back to the IPDET Team no later than April 28 , in order to formally confirm:
- the acceptance of the scholarship
- that no other funding is available to finance the tuition fee, and
- that they fully commit their availability to the on-site program (participation in Core Course and two workshops).
All scholarship recipients are also required to arrange their travel as soon as possible and provide the IPDET organizers with the necessary travel information (ie. sending a copy of a flight ticket, arrival/departure dates), as proof of their attendance after sending the award commitment letter.
In case a scholarship recipient cancels his/her scholarship after confirmation, he/she will not be eligible for any IPDET scholarship for the following 5 years.
Important Notice for scholarship recipients who need a visa
- Scholarship recipients who need a visa to attend the on-site program will receive a visa-support letter after successfully sending the Scholarship Award Commitment Letter correctly signed.
- We urge you to check all the requirements needed to apply for a visa with the nearest Swiss Embassy in advance to have everything already in place to start the process immediately.
- We strongly advise you to make an appointment with the Swiss Embassy in your country upon receipt of scholarship notification, as the visa process normally takes 6-8 weeks . For further visa information, click here.
- Scholarship recipients are requested to inform the IPDET organizers about the visa process (appointment scheduled at the Embassy, visa issue date). In case of delays or problems, please contact us immediately to be able to promptly support your application.